The NFL is now following the lead of other pro leagues and college stadiums to include parking lots that are patrolled by security personnel. Since the NFL banned coolers and backpacks in 2001, this change goes further to protect fans.
The NFL has notified all season ticket holders prior to the season so no one in surprised and many team are even providing clear bags and bag-check facilities as fans transition.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12.”
(Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags), or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Logo on bag cannot exceed 4.5″ tall by 3.4″ wide.
- Small clutch purses, approximately the size of a hand, or 4.5″ x 6.5″ with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at the gate.
- Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag, however diaper bags are not permitted.
- Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
WHAT YOU CAN’T BRING INTO THE STADIUM
Once you get used to it, the changes are not bad at all. A few simple switches from anything below to the approved bags above and you are ready to go.
IDEAS ON HOW TO PACK AND STAY CHIC
Yeah I know that for you fashionistas, a clear plastic bag might not be on the fashion cutting edge. Well here are a few ideas to get you going. These bags can be found at OneTruffle.com. I love them and use one myself.
Keep everything you need and look good while doing it!