Today is National Pasta Day and CLASSICO wants to help you pay tribute to the perfection of pasta! In the spirit of the occasion, they are challenging you to break away from the same old standard spaghetti and create a delicious new dish featuring Classico® sauce.
We made lasagna with the Classico Creamy Spinach and Parmesan Seasonal Sauce and this time I even added fresh spinach and squash to it. My kids had no idea and they loved it!
CLASSICO CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE
- 1 jar (24 oz.) Classico® Florentine Spinach and Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 8 Lasagna noodles
- 15 oz. Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cup(s) Shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 pound(s) Sweet or hot Italian-style bulk sausage
- Fresh tomatos diced
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium high heat, brown sausage for 4 to 6 minutes, or until cooked through, stirring until small crumbles form. Add tomatoes right at the end for the last minute of cooking.
3. Spread 1 cup of Pasta Sauce evenly over the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish. Layer with 1/2 of cooked lasagna noodles, 1/2 of ricotta cheese mixture, 1/2 of cooked sausage, 1/2 of remaining Pasta Sauce and 1/2 of remaining mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
4. Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
If desired, substitute Classico Florentine Spinach & Cheese Pasta Sauce with Classico Fire Roasted Tomato & Garlic Pasta Sauce.
WATCH THE PASTA PAIRING VIDEO:
WIN A COUPON FOR A FREE JAR OF CLASSICO SAUCE HERE!
To enter, tell me about your own “Classico Creations” recipe or tell me which Classico sauce you would like to try for your own pasta pairing at home. Leave the answer below in the comments.
BONUS ENTRIES FOR EXTRA CHANCES TO WIN
Blog about the giveaway as a separate post and link to thedivinemissmommy.com. Leave the link to your post in the comment.
Add a relevant comment to any non-giveaway posts on my blog. Comment on any or all.
List this giveaway on any giveaway linky or giveaway site
Add the Divine Miss Mommy button to your blogroll or sidebar
Give me K+ on Klout in Social Media, Blogging or Moms and Tweet about it. You can do each topic once per day (so 6 entries per day total). Leave your Klout name in the comments so I can check it on my list.
Add me to one of your Google+ circles. Leave your Google+ name in the comments.
Follow @StacieinAtlanta on Twitter (that’s me!)
Tweet about the contest (up to 4 X per day – Subscribers can tweet every 2 hours or 12 X per day). Tweet MUST have the giveaway item, the word giveaway in the tweet and a link to this post along with @StacieinAtlanta in it.You must have at least 100 followers and your Twitter account must be a public account (no protected Tweets).
Giveaway ends 10/31/12 at 11:59 PM EST. Entrants must be 18 or older and located in the US only. Winner to be chosen at random. All entries must be properly recorded in the comments to count (i.e. Link to tweets, Facebook page, etc). Winner will be notified via email and has 24 hours to respond. If winner does not respond, a new winner will be chosen and notified.
In the spirit of full-disclosure, I’ve partnered with Classico and received product, coupons, premium items and reader giveaway coupons as part of my participation. However, no payment was given or expected for posting about the program, and as always, all opinions given here are fully my own.