I am a big fan of dessert. However, if I am going to consume the calories then 9 times out of 10, I am going for chocolate.
I love chocolate. Anything chocolate really.
Here is one of my favorite recipes for a fabulous after dinner dessert concoction that will certainly become your family’s favorite as it has with mine.
My secret ingredient (well besides lots of chocolate) is COOL WHIP whipped topping for creamy, delicious treat.
FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE
Makes 2 servings
Starbucks Hot Cocoa (you can sub other brands as well)
NOTE: I used the Starbucks hot cocoa – the kind that comes in the big, silver can but please note that I do not use the directions from the can.
COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
Optional: Chocolate Shavings
1. Heat 2 ½ cups of whole milk to almost boiling. Do not bring to boil or you risk scalding.
2. Add 6 heaping tablespoons of the Starbucks hot cocoa mixture.
3. Stir mixture until smooth and fully blended.
4. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
5. Add ice and cooled hot chocolate to blender. Add 1 cup of milk and 2 generous tablespoons of COOL WHIP.
6. Blend until smooth.
7. Pour into glass and top with a dollop of COOL WHIP. You can also use chocolate shavings as well. I forgot them in this picture.
Serve and Enjoy!
Now that I have shared my favorite COOL WHIP dessert, I want to see a photo of yours! Share a photo of your dessert below for a chance to be entered to win a digital camera! Visit the COOL WHIP Facebook page to see more recipes and share your creations.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of COOL WHIP. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.