This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with Mom It Forward Blogger Network. All opinions are 100% my own.
I have teamed up with 35 other bloggers as part of the The McCormick Kitchens Virtual Bake Sale. Since everything is all online, no money will change hands BUT I could definitely use your help winning the bake sale with my team.
All 36 of us have been split into teams of six and we are competing against the other five teams. Every “Pin” on Pinterest of my recipe or one of my teammates recipes from the McCormick Virtual Bake Sale Board counts as a bake sale purchase or vote.
My two favorite flavors to combine are chocolate and cinnamon so I was totally inspired by the Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe from McCormick. Cinnamon is earthy and woody which makes it a perfect companion to the semi-sweet chocolate that I used.
This time I tried something a little different. I am loving the flavor of salt combined with something sweet. Adding the Pink Himalayan Sea Salt gave this recipe some texture (a nice crunch) which just causes the flavors to explode in your mouth. The chocolate, the cinnamon, the vanilla, the glazed pecans and the sea salt gave some intense flavors that combined so perfectly together. The taste is amazing!
CINNAMON PECAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH PINK HIMALAYAN SEA SALT
1 1/3 cup (2+ sticks) unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
½ cup white granulated sugar
1½ cup packed brown sugar
2 large brown eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
3 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Cinnamon, Ground
2¾ cups (12 oz) all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (add more to for taste and texture)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1½ teaspoons baking powder
2 cups of glazed pecans (see recipe below)
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (never be stingy with the chocolate)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. I used my Kitchenaid and beat the mixture for about 4 minutes on medium speed. The mixture should look like this:
4. In a separate bowl, I added the baking soda, baking powder and flour. I ground up about two teaspoons of the Pink Himalayan Sea Salt and sifted that into the mixture:
5. Next add the cinnamon and completely blend the dry ingredients.
6. Fold the creamed mixture into your dry mixture bowl. Fold completely until there is no flour visible. Add chocolate chips and pecans making certain that they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture. The cookie batter should be very thick at this point.
7. Make 2 inch round balls of cookie dough and place them onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes (10-12 minutes for smaller cookies). Make certain that the edges are golden brown.
8. Take cookies from oven and place them on cooling rack.
45 minutes. If your children are helping, double the time.
10-14 minutes depending on the size. Cookies should be golden brown
2 1/4 tablespoons butter
2 3/4 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
2 1/4 tablespoons real maple syrup
2 cups pecans (8 ounces)
1 Heat oven to 350°F.
2. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat and then add brown sugar and syrup. Mix well. Cook until bubbly while stirring constantly.
3. Add pecans. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until all pecans are thoroughly coated. Spread mixture onto non-stick cookie sheet sprayed with a light mist of cooking spray.
4. Bake 6-8 minutes, until golden brown and cool completely.
5. Crush in a sealed bag with a meat tenderizer until pieces are very small. Seal in air tight container until use. Last about 2-3 weeks.
SEE THE #MCCORMICK BAKE SALE TEAM RECIPES HERE
Please check out my McCormick Bake Sale Teammates. Their recipes look amazing!
- Andrea. S Cinnamon White Chip Cookies.
- Myself Arlene Mobley Flour On My Face Easy Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies
- Becky. J : Orange Cream Cookies
- Kelley. E Salted Triple Chip Crownies
- Stephanie. L Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
WIN A MCCORMICK SPICES PRIZE PACK HERE!
Now comes the fun part! So you can make your very own cookies just like mine, McCormick is giving away a prize pack worth $75. To enter, tell me which one of the recipes from my teammates (or me) you want to make if you win.
BONUS EXTRA ENTRIES – 10 ENTRIES
Pin each one of these pins for an extra chance to win. Do this once daily for ten (10) extra entries for each pin. Leave the link to your pin below in the comments.
Salted Triple Chip Crownies
Enter any of my other giveaways– take five entries for each one that you enter.
Blog about the giveaway as a separate post and link to thedivinemissmommy.com. Leave the link to your post in the comment.
Add a relevant comment to any non-giveaway posts on my blog. Comment on any or all.
List this giveaway on any giveaway linky or giveaway site
Add the Divine Miss Mommy button to your blogroll or sidebar
Give me K+ on Klout in Social Media, Blogging or Moms and Tweet about it. You can do each topic once per day (so 6 entries per day total). Leave your Klout name in the comments so I can check it on my list.
Add me to one of your Google+ circles. Leave your Google+ name in the comments.
Post the giveaway on your Facebook wall. Leave me a link to it in the comments. – Once per week
Leave a comment on The Divine Miss Mommy on Facebook wall - once per week
Follow @StacieinAtlanta on Twitter (that’s me!)
Tweet about the contest (up to 4 X per day – Subscribers can tweet every 2 hours or 12 X per day). Tweet MUST have the giveaway item, the word giveaway in the tweet and a link to this post along with @StacieinAtlanta in it.You must have at least 100 followers and your Twitter account must be a public account (no protected Tweets).
Giveaway ends 9/15/13 at 11:59 PM EST. Entrants must be 18 or older and located in the US only. Winner to be chosen at random. All entries must be properly recorded in the comments to count (i.e. Link to tweets, Facebook page, etc). Winner will be notified via email and has 24 hours to respond. If winner does not respond, a new winner will be chosen and notified.