To foster a spirit of goodwill and help make the world a brighter place, American Girl is introducing Shine On Now™—a new charitable initiative that harnesses the collective power of girls to help others in need. Through Shine On Now, American Girl is calling on girls across the country to help the company give $1 million in clothes, books, dolls, and money to the following four organizations: Kids in Distressed Situations, Save the Children, National Association of Children’s Hospitals and Related Institutions, and National Wildlife Federation.
Beginning July 13, 2010, girls can visit shineonnow.com to contribute a free ‘star’ to the effort. The goal is to collect one million stars by the end of the program on July 31, 2010. In addition, for every star a girl contributes (she can donate up to 100 each day!), her name will automatically be entered in a daily drawing to win a new My American Girl™ doll.
As part of the Shine On Now initiative and to further encourage girls to let their spirits shine, American Girl is also launching a brand-new virtual campus, Innerstar University™—a fun, safe online world where girls learn to be their best through a variety of games, quizzes, and other enriching activities that help boost their confidence and strength. Access to the new virtual world is free with each 18-inch My American Girl™ doll—the company’s newly enhanced contemporary product line that allows a girl to create a special doll as unique as she is.
My last American Girl post discussed how I am one of the Parent Partners. I am helping to spread the word about such a great cause. You too can get involved and possibly win a My American Girl Doll in the process.
Write about how your family impacts your local community through community service, volunteering, etc. for a chance to win. Write about the various ways in which you currently or plan to help the community – big or small – with your children The winner will receive a My American GirI™ doll to keep or to donate to someone in need.
Register to donate a star on the American Girl Shine on Now website. Download the free Ambassador tool kit and tell me what your favorite idea is on how you can make a difference.
FOR EXTRA ENTRIES
1. Become an American Girl Shine on Now Fan on Facebook. Leave a message on the Facebook wall stating that you are entering the giveaway and came from my blog.
2. Subscribe by email or RSS reader. Add the Divine Miss Mommy button to your blogroll or post my button in your sidebar (badge is on the bottom, right side of my blog.) Follow my blog on Google Friend Connect – Click “Join this site”. Like The Divine Miss Mommy on Facebook. – 2 entries each
3. Blog about this giveaway as a separate blog entry and not a combined post with other giveaways – 5 entries
4. Follow me @StacieinAtlanta and @AGShineonNow on Twitter and then hit the Twitter Share button below to Tweet out about this contest. You can do this no more than once every four hours each day for extra entries but you MUST have more than 100 followers on Twitter. Leave your Twitter comment link in the comments section below. Take an extra entry for each person who RT’s you! All tweets must have the #ShineonNow hashtag to count– 1 entry for each
5. Add a relevant comment to any non-giveaway posts on my blog or Enter any of my other giveaways – 1 entry for each giveaway and/or blog post you comment on
6. Stumble this post, not my blog and leave your Stumble Upon name in the comments. – 2 entries
GIVEAWAY ENDS July 31, 2010 at 11:59 pm EST
Disclosure: As a Parent Partner, American Girl will be providing us with a sample doll and will be donating 1000 stars (aka $1000) in our name to Shine On Now to benefit the 4 charities.